What to Bring to Joshua Tree on your Guided Rock Climbing Trip:
*Due to changing weather in Joshua Tree, we recommend being prepared for all conditions. Bringing and wearing layers of clothing suitable for changing conditions is highly recommended. For example, a tee shirt, a base layer and a wind/warm jacket are advisable during winter months. Temperatures often change by 30 degrees between sunrise and noon!
The following gear is recommended for client comfort and convenience during guided rock climbing activities in Joshua Tree National Park:
- Day Pack
- Water (a canteen or a hydration reservoir) A half-gallon (2 liters) per person per day is the minimum capacity needed *** THERE IS NO WATER INSIDE JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK!!
- Snacks and a lunch
- Long sleeve shirt (base layer)
- Tee shirt (worn under your base layer)
- A beanie if it’s cold
- Warm jacket (or a wind jacket)
- Shorts if the weather forecast is hot (long enough to cover your knees is a good)
- Pants (loose is better)
- Comfortable shoes for hiking
- Warm hat
- Ball cap or brimmed hat
- Necessary medications (if you are severely allergic to bee stings, please bring an EpiPen, albuterol for asthma, etc.)
- Personal toiletries (sunscreen, chapstick, etc.)
- Climbing shoes, harness, helmet and belay device. Note: It is at the guide’s discretion to allow use of your equipment after inspection. If you do not own this equipment, or if it fails to pass inspection, it will be provided to you at no additional cost. It is preferrable many times to bring your own climbing shoes if you own them. Our shoes may or may not be the “perfect” fit for your feet, although we will do our best to properly fit you. Please let us know what size shoes and harness you wear on the Application Information sheet.
Please review the release forms at the website. You will be required to sign the release form on the day of the event.
Please contact us (below) with any questions!